Puffy eyes adding some serious baggage to your face? Can’t manage to shrink them down so you can see your pupils? 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream will be the cure you are looking for.
Through the years, I’ve tried many expensive yet disappointing treatments, but this $19 eye cream is a steal for how effective it is. Loaded with caffeine, antioxidants and vitamins, swelling is reduced while circulation is increased. And it’s 100% natural, 100% vegan! No parabens. No artificial fragrances. No petrochemicals. No toxins.
Apply it at night, and wake up in the morning with smooth, hydrated, rested skin. Bags lifted. Eyes hydrated and millia free. Just half pump is perfect for both under-eyes and lids, making it even more cost effective. And it pairs beautifully with concealer for daytime wear. As for dark circles, the results are less dramatic but still impressive. So what more could you want? Fine lines softened? Well it does that too!
Keep it in the fridge for added de-puffing benefits!
Results of an Independent, Clinical Four Week Study
– 97% saw reduction of puffiness
– 87% saw reduction of dark circles
– 93% say it reduced the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
– 100% say it improved skin hydration & moisturization
– 93% say it improved skin firmness/elasticity
Let’s face it. After a few hours of wear, even the best concealers will start to fade. I have searched high and low for a concealer that won’t let me down. Now, while I’ve discovered some brilliant concealers, a no-need-to-touch-up concealer has yet to surface. Luckily, I stumbled upon a product that makes my fave concealers budge-proof, crease-proof, heat-proof, and fade-proof. This is going into the Must Haves List!
The Smashbox Under Eye Primer is a true multi-tasker. It’s not only hydrating but super-lightweight, with a silky texture that blends in smoothly and effortlessly. Loaded with caffeine and peptides, it also provides incredible nutrition for the skin. And the optical brighteners in this soft pink formula perk up those dark circles before you even add concealer.
But the best part? Once you pair this primer with concealer, concealer is locked in placed and looks completely natural. Those pesky fine lines disappear and even puffiness seems to be reduced (never an easy thing to accomplish with any product). All that and you need only the tiniest amount. One tube will last you a long time, making the $29 price tag more palatable.
From The Smashbox Site:
• Key immediate benefits:
o 69% increase in hydration-so don’t worry about skipping moisturizer!
o 56% improvement in clarity
o 46% improvement in radiance
• Key benefits in 8 weeks:
o 37% decrease in appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
o 28% reduction of dark circles
o 21% decrease of puffiness
From High to Low, if you’re looking for a stunning all in one eye shadow palette then here are a few of my favorite Fall picks.
Tom Ford’s Eye Shadow Quad in Sahara Haze$75.00 The Sahara Haze palette is impressive for not only its rich and interesting colour combination but also for its varied textures that blend and work perfectly together. Using the lighter neutrals shades like cream or pale gray on your lids, and reserving a swipe of khaki green for your crease. Stunning colors and of course as Tom Ford always does, stunning packaging!
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill For in Effeto Nudo $59.00 Perfect palette for everyday use! These palettes are crafted based on Armani’s innovative ColorFil technology for intense true color (even with Matte eyeshadow). This palette 04 Effeto Nudo is “the” neutral palette. This beige highlight works wonders for opening up the eyes and the brown and taupe matte shades are great for contouring. The palette consists of three matte colors so if you’re looking for shine this isn’t the palette for you.
Nars The American Dream $55.00 This eyeshadow palette houses six top-selling shades under one palette roof and proves to be the most versatile of the list. With three light ‘daytime’ shades and three darker ‘smokey’ shades, the range works into both day and night looks. Just add color Tzarine (bottom right) which is full of complex shimmer and adds a little glamour to your eye makeup.
E.L.F.’sStudio Eye Enhancing Shadow$6.00 Definitely a cheap thrill! This is E.L.F’s ‘Studio’ brand, known to carry much better items than the regular collection. A new item for them the palettes are available in six shade selections and house six eyeshadows each all intended to complement specific eye colors. I’m not the biggest fan of this coloring method as I think skin tone and hair color come into play here as well. However, the Brown Eyes 1 palette is a beautiful range and again, quite the steal at $6!
Getting eye makeup off at night can be a real beast! But not when Andrea EyeQs gets involved! These pads will remove the toughest of eye makeup in one or two gentle swipes. That’s it! Because each bottle comes with 65 pads that are saturated with the right amount of remover. Other brands force me to use 6 or 7 pads, thanks to their ineffective formula and dried out pads.
These oil-free gems will leave you with no oily film that blurs your vision, no streaks of eyeliner you can’t rub out . Your eyes are free of residue to reapply makeup if need be and safe and ready for your contact lenses. And the added aloe vera soothes and softens lines.
Hollywood lash experts, like my fabulous team at Jenny Karl Hair & Makeup Agency, are known for their 10 second flat lash application using inexpensive drug store products, like Ardell brand lashes and glue. It’s a relatively simple technique that with the right products (and practice, of course) you too can master false lash application easily and economically.
First of all, you will need to invest in a few keys products, all of which can be purchased at your local drugstore and within your budget.
1. Ardell LashGrip Eyelash Adhesive: Is white in color at first, but dries perfectly clear. It’s also water soluble, so it’s gentle and easy to remove. However, if you have a latex allergy, look for Ardell Lash Tite Latex-Free Eyelash Adhesive as an alternative.
2. Ardell 100% human hair, full band lashes: You may want to start with more natural looking lashes verses the really dramatic ones until you get used to the look, feel, and application technique. Fashion Lash # 105, 108, 109, and 110 are all great choices. Rule of thumb: Darker hair colors should use black lashes and lighter tones should opt for the brown shade. Also, look for the Ardell Fashion Lashes Starter Kits with glue and lashes in one.
3. Ardell Duralash Naturals Individual Lashes in medium length. These also come in shades of black or brown. If you’re feeling daring, look for Ardell Duralash Naturals COMBO Pack containing 3 sizes of individual lash clusters, using the shorter size toward the middle of the eye and the longer length at the ends, creating that elongated cat’s eye look.
*All products mentioned average around $4.00 each in most drug store beauty sections.
Application Steps: Full Strip
1. Curl your lashes and apply most of your eye makeup first, so that once your lashes have adhered to your eye, you do not risk loosening them with brushes, etc. Gently slide the lashes out of the container and hold the band of the lash at both ends, flexing it lightly for a moment to soften it. Measure both lashes before fastening by lying the lash on top of your natural lashes as close to your lash line as possible, starting at the outer edge. If the band is too long and is intruding on the inside corner of your eye, remove the lash, and sparingly trim the outer end with scissors to fit your eye shape exactly.
2. Holding the lash gently, exposing the band, apply a thin, even layer of adhesive along the band using a toothpick or a q-tip stick with the cotton ball torn off the end. Make sure you do not neglect the corners. Wait 15-30 seconds for the adhesive to get tacky. Apply lashes one at a time, making sure the first is on correctly and has adhered properly to the lid before starting the other.
3. Using a mirror, look downwards a bit, but try not to close the eyes at all during this process. This action will dramatically change the shape of the eyelid, risking the lash to pop off or become misshaped (blinking is ok however!) Press lash band onto the skin, on top of your natural lashes, as close to the roots as possible. Gently press the corners with your fingertips or tips of fingernails until the full lash is secure. Wait 1-2 minutes for glue to dry clear. It also may take a few minutes for your eyes to adjust to the weight of the lashes, so you may feel a heaviness that will eventually subside.
4. After the glue is completely dry, you may apply a bit of mascara to affix your lashes with the false ones (making them one) and giving a bit of lift and luster. You may also want to apply a liquid, cream, or powder liner gently to the lid with a soft brush to conceal the band (no hard pencils though!)
5. To remove, gently peel off the lash, starting at the outer corner, slowly working your way across the eyelid. Shed the old adhesive from the lash band and place lashes back into their half moon shaped tray for reuse. Treat your lashes with care and respect and you can use them multiple times, getting more for your hard earned money.
***Opting for individual lashes is also a great choice. You can use them just at the ends for a cat’s eye look, create your own unique shape across your entire lid, or just naturally fill in your lashes just where needed to enhance length and volume.
Application Steps: Individuals
1. First visualize the look you are going for. Do you want to use the individual lash clusters just on the ends to elongate the eye? Or do you want to use them sporadically across the whole lid to add some volume and length to your natural lashes? Curl lashes and apply a coat or two of lengthening and thickening mascara.
2. Gently lift one lash cluster at a time from the tray with tweezers. Rest the individual lash on top of your natural lashes to make sure you like the placement and look.
3. Holding the lash gently with your clean fingernails or a tweezer, apply a tiny dot of glue to the end of the lash cluster and place in desired area on lid. Press the lash down lightly with tip of your clean finger or nail until the adhesive sets. Apply 5-10 lash clusters gradually from the inside out until blended.
4. The adhesive is water soluble, so lashes will come off easily with a bit of cleanser and water or makeup remover on a q-tip. Pull off gently after softening, diligently avoiding your natural lashes. Ardell also has a lash remover formulated specifically to remove their lashes and adhesive called LashFree Adhesive Remover.
PS… Using a decadent eye cream like Vivid MD SkinCare“Perfection C” serum under and around the eye area in the evening after you remove your false lashes will soothe and smooth the whole eye area as you snooze!
environment as well. I call it “No Guilt” skincare. Now if only we could find chocolate cake in that variety.
Jenny Karl owns and runs Jenny Karl Hair and Makeup Agency based in Los Angeles. The agency has a highly trained team of hair and makeup artists, specializing in Airbrush Foundation, Print, Film, Television, Beauty, Fashion, Special Event, Mens and Ethnic hair and makeup.