How lucky I am to have a friend like my Glow + Tell cohort Elena Evangelo, she gifted me one of my now favorite products, NARS Orgasm Illuminator. Inspired by NARS’s CULT classic Orgasm blush this product evolution is intended to multitask, used either as an all over glow, a highlighter, blush, or foundation enhancer. I use it mostly as a cream blush/cheek highlighter. Or sometimes I apply my NARS Orgasm blush and then add a light dab of the illuminator on top. Alone the shimmer helps give my skin a more awake look, and since it is not a powder it keeps my skin from looking dry. In fact it reflects light and makes my skin look more youthful, a dewy look. The Orgasm color is a peachy pink with shimmer and creates a natural glow, very universally flattering.
Tips for application as a blush/cheek highlighter –
- Dab the upper area of your cheekbones with a small amount of illuminator starting at the top of the apples of your cheeks.
- I’d suggest starting with a small amount, as it’s always easier to add on vs. take off.
- Continue to dab upward and around to side of eyes, temple area. If you have fine lines around your eyes, as most of us do, tread lightly in this area. You don’t want the product to illuminate lines so make sure to lighten up on the amount and make sure to blend!
- Maybe or maybe not, top off the uppermost points of your cheekbones with an extra touch of illuminator. This highlight can lift the face by raising the appearance of your cheekbones.
- Lastly give it one last attention to detail and make sure the edges are blended softly out until you end up with a beautiful dewy glow!
The illuminator comes in 4 colors including a stunning new silver illuminator available in the Fall 2012 Holiday Walk On the Wild Side Andy Warhol gift set. The core items in the new Andy Warhol collection are available Oct. 1st at Sephora but the HIGHLY anticipated palettes and gift sets are available on the NARS website come Nov. 1st. To read more about the the Warhol themed collection check out yesterdays Vogue Daily article!
Listed at: $30.00
Available at: http://www.narscosmetics.com