1. Don’t be afraid to try something new. If you’re not one for makeup, this holiday season add a touch of gold or bronze to your bottom lash line for an easy, fun holiday look.
2. Don’t worry about that summer sweat anymore! Find a foundation that is right for you…and the season. During the winter don’t be afraid to put away the tinted moisturizer and try a more full coverage foundation for a flawless long lasting winter look.
3. Do keep a nude gloss and an Elf Eye liner pen in your purse for a quick day to night change.
4. Don’t hesitate to go for a bold lip! If you use a liner and matte lipstick combo your touch ups are going to be minimal! Gloss alone works great, but it makes touching up more frequent. (Favorite tip, after eating completely take off lipstick and reapply. It will last longer than trying to touch up what’s left!)
5. Do give your skin a gorgeous glow. Just because it’s the winter doesn’t mean you can’t look sun kissed! A touch of MAC’s Give Me Sun right below your cheekbones, as a contour gives the perfect finish.
6. It’s winter; DON’T worry about washing your hair every day. That’s why dry shampoo was invented. Suave Dry Shampoo is $3.49. Pick up a bottle and make Saturday night drinks with the girl’s hair last into Sunday’s brunch with the boyfriends parents!
7. Don’t forget to add a touch of color on your cheeks when going for a bold lip. You don’t want the lip to wash you out. Try a mauve for evening and baby pink for day time and it will really make your face pop!
8. And last, but certainly not least, don’t forget to moisturize!! From your skin to your lips, try Maybelline’s Baby Lips chapstick for the lips; and L’Occitane 25% Shea butter face cream for night and day. (If your skin is on the oilier side, try Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer.)
Elle Favorule is a Makeup Artist based in Los Angeles. Her celebrity clientele include Shannon Elizabeth, Kathy Baker, Jessica Lowndes, and Briana Evigan. Elle has traveled all over Europe doing makeup demonstrations and currently works on Film & Television.